|Flight||Bus Departs Downtown||Bus Arrives Downtown||Days|
For those arriving by private plane or those meeting a seaplane, ground transport is available from the terminal to the Digby Island dock.
Hours of Operation
Daily: 08:45 to 16:15
The Prince Rupert Airport Authority is the aviation fuel supplier at the Prince Rupert Airport. Available on site is Jet A-1. We do not supply Avgas. We accept: Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.
Private Aircraft Arrivals
When scheduled aircraft are on the apron and screening is open, the north-eastern section of the apron is restricted. Please refer to this map for areas to operate and disembark passengers (yellow area).
YPR is on an island, approximately 20 minutes by ferry from the City of Prince Rupert. The mode of transport into Prince Rupert is by boat, float plane or helicopter.
Travellers aboard scheduled airlines are transferred by bus and ferry to downtown Prince Rupert as part of their ticket.
Onward transportation to sports fishing lodges is arranged through lodge operators.
Travellers in private aircraft have several options for getting into Prince Rupert.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is based in Prince Rupert
- International pilots please contact CBSA on arrival to arrange for Customs Inspection. Call 250-627-3003.
- You may also pre-arrange CBSA services by contacting Can Pass at 1-888-226-7277
- Address: 7-45 Charlie Currie Way, Prince Rupert.
- Web link to CBSA: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
Weather observation is provided by Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS) for measurement, collection and dissemination of weather data.
The Flight Information Centres (FIC) in Kamloops provides interpretive weather briefings, flight planning services and enroute advisories. The number is 1-866-WXBRIEF or 1-866-992-7433. Pilots may also come into the pilot lounge where a direct line to Kamloops is available for weather and flight planning.
Nav Canada link: www.navcanada.ca
- CYPR does not have an FBO. If you require Marshalling services, Chocks, Shuttle etc. please advise our office prior to your arrival so we can ensure someone is on standby to assist.
- TRASH ‐ CYPR is not permitted by law to accept International aircraft trash. If you are a domestic flight leaving a small amount of trash, please do not leave it beside your aircraft or anywhere airside. Kindly take the trash to the groundside bear proof container, just through the pilot’s groundside gate.
- There are NO rental car agencies at CYPR but these can be found in Prince Rupert.
- Parking: Vehicle – There is limited vehicle parking on a first come, first serve basis.
- Parking: Aircraft – We do not have hangars however there is limited parking on the ramp. Please contact us for the parking location in advance, where practicable. Otherwise, kindly request marshalling services and our Technician will direct you. 778-645-0401.
- There are vending machines in our airport with water, juice, pop and other snacks. There is also a fresh water dispenser available (no charge). If you plan on being at this airport all day, we suggest you bring food and beverages.
- Free WiFi is provided.
- Our pilot’s lounge has comfortable furniture and a television with satellite.
- De-icing / Misc. ramp services are provided by United Ramp Inc. (778-884-6117).